SAFE Cluster at Eurosatory
SAFE Cluster, in partnership with Optitec Cluster, exhibited at the Defence and Security International Exhibition, Eurosatory, in June 2016, in Paris. At this shared booth, 10 SMEs, supported by SAFE and Optitec clusters, had the opportunity to display their solutions and promote their services.
This booth was strategically located near Ministry of Internal Affairs’ stand. More than 15 official delegations were welcome at this stand, including representatives from the Ministry of Internal Affairs (the Director of Civil Defence, the International Cooperation Office, the SAELSI) and from the Ministry of Defence, Army and Air force.
A roundtable discussion with SAFE’s colors
SAFE Cluster hosted a roundtable discussion on interoperability of security and defence forces, having as participants: Mr. Graff, General and national territory army Commander; Mr. Laurencin, Major Deputy of the Helicopters joint-operations Group (unit disposed for internal security forces); Mr. Maggiore Menegazzo, Italian Minister of Defence, and Mr. Alain Cartault, from DIGINEXT, a company member of SAFE Cluster.
This roundtable was an opportunity to discuss technical difficulties in terms of land and air-land communications and data exchange amongst security forces (Police, Firefighters, etc.), and to share ideas about development information and communication technologies which may potentially respond to these requirements.
This 25th edition of Eurosatury recorded:
- 1 572 exhibitors from 56 countries
- 57 018 visitors from 151 countries
- Number of Asian exhibitors increased
- Cyber, drones and robotics development increased
- 213 official delegations from 94 countries (i.e 827 VIP) visited the exhibition
- 13 Defence ministers, 23 Defence Vice Ministers and State Secretaries
- 25 National Armaments Directors and 19 Armed forces and Army Chiefs of Staff were also welcomed
Take part at the 26th edition of Eurosatory, to be held in June 2018, from the 11th to the 15th.